Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Okay So Now I Have a Blog

I've been threatening to do this for a while and I finally decided to just go for it! I did have some experience with a different blog under a different name for a different purpose (maybe I'll share that later) but I found it hard to maintain because I didn't find the content all that interesting.

So how about a place to show my various quilting and knitting projects and general commentary on life.

Reading blogs has become a part of my day. I don't read everyday but I do have a few that I check out pretty consistently. They are listed over on the side. They are my "regulars" although I often follow links to get to others.

I've got a few projects to share but nothing I've taken photographs of yet. Instead I will share a photo of a project I finished awhile ago for a little guy who is very eager to be born. I just sent it off to Nana (a friend of mine) and she said it was a hit. But the little guy must be so eager to wear my gift that he wants to be born early...too early. So we're all praying for the little guy to hang on for a few more weeks.

Here's the hat..too darn cute huh?


This was really fun to do and I've actually made a few of them for baby gifts. Here's another version:



Sorry for the slightly blurry picture...serves me right not checking the quality of the photo before sending the gift off to the recipient.


Anyway, I think you could have a lot of fun with this....peaches, pumpkins, oranges, etc. A whole fruit salad. Hope I can continue to find babies to be my models.


Okay, I'm going to call this post finished for now!


1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hi, Mindy, glad you enjoy the blog and welcome to (your renewed, refreshed, revitalized) blogdom. That watermelon hat in particular is darling.