Friday, December 10, 2010

#reverb10 - Day 10 Wisdom

Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?
(Author: Susannah Conway)

I think I am very wise.  I am so wise that I know exactly what I need to do to improve my life, win friends, influence people and have lovely shiny hair and a super firm, fit body.  Everyday I wake up with a strong resolve to work on all those things:  procrastination, organization, fitness and exercise.  Each day is different.  Some days, my firm resolve lasts until almost 10:00 AM, other days I forget it by the time I step into the shower.   

How can someone as wise as me be incapable of taking my own advice?  

Isn't this depressing?  No, thank God or I would be a basket case.  I would rather think of each day as a clean slate, where I can take the lessons I have learned and combine them with the desires that I have and I can put one foot in front of the other and take a step or two or ten or a hundred or even 10,000 as fitness gurus suggest we should.  If I falter, all is not lost.  You can pick up and start again.  

The wisest decision I have made this year is the same decision I make every day.  Try to make each day better than the last and take the lessons you have learned along the way and try to not make the same mistakes again.  But most important of all, just keep on trying using what you know to get someplace you want to be.  

No comments: