Monday, December 27, 2010

#reverb10 - December 21 - Future Self

Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead?


(Author: Jenny Blake)

I guess I've fallen down on this "write every day" plan.  Writing during Christmas prep and Christmas party fun has been difficult...well impossible.  So today I thought long and hard about giving up versus catching up versus starting from today and going forward.

I settled on catching up...not quite sure how I will accomplish that but I'm going to give it a try.  I think it's important to me that I follow through on this.  I really like the writing...I pretty much hate the prompts.  But I believe a good writer can write about any subject so here we go...

Dear Future Self,

I am so proud of the way you have tackled so many unfinished projects in quilting and knitting.  I knew if you were able to complete a lot of projects, your creativity would just explode.  What fun it was to be able to tackle a new idea without any guilt over the unfinished ones. 

You've become quite a prolific writer too.  Muscling your way through those #reverb10 prompts in December 2010 really started you on a good habit of writing every day.  I hear you've finished that book you've been planning for more than ten years. 

Please share with me what being less of a procrastinator has done for your work life.  I'm sure you have enjoyed the reduced stress level of always being under the wire in finishing projects.

Wow, it looks like you've gotten your life together in these past five years and I'm very proud of you. 

Here's hoping this was not just a Christmas dream...

Love ya!
Mindy

No comments: