Friday, December 31, 2010

#reverb10 - December 24 Everything's OK

What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?

(Author: Kate Inglis)

I have bravely been carrying on with these prompts even though I'm now a week behind.  I enjoyed the last two I did on travel and a new name.  I was even feeling like this was a pretty good exercise until I got to the December 24th prompt.  Honestly?  This is just too much self-reflection for me.  So I thought I'd skip ahead. However, now that I've read the next seven prompts through December 31st, I reluctantly must admit I'm done.  I just can't bring myself to forge ahead with this.

So I've adopted today's prompt to say...everything IS going to be OK.  I've written more during the month of December than I have in a long time and I've enjoyed it (except for the rant above...and the rant the other day).  I really hate not seeing it through but if you're going to sweep out the old and bring in the new, what better day to do it than December 31st? 

You only get this one grand new start once a year.  Sure, you can start fresh every day but there is something about JANUARY 1ST that makes it seem more important.    So what have I learned and what will I do with it?   

1.  I don't really care if anyone reads this.  And judging from the lack of comments, I'm guessing no one does. 

2.  I really do like doing it and so I will post when I can but I'm not setting up any unrealistic expectations by dictating a schedule.

3.  I'm a little concerned I won't have anything to write about that is even mildly interesting, even to me.  At least the prompts, gave me something to work on. 

4.  I found it much easier to post without dealing with photographs.  Unfortunately, I know that photographs makes blogs more interesting, especially if you're going to post about crafty things so I will need to figure this out. 

5.  Overall, I'm pleased with my progress and I hope to keep going.

Thank you for reading (or not reading, as the case may be).  I hope your 2010 goes out with a bang and 2011 is a wonderful beginning. 

No comments: